2/23/11

Viva la Verve - Week 4

If you are looking for my RI What If? Wednesday sketch, just click HERE.

Ah, I have LOVED playing along with Verve's Viva la Verve Sketches; this one uses the week 4 sketch and LOTS of fun, colorful DP!

I stamped the large outline flower from Verve's Great Friend set 3 times onto DP by MME and cut out each layer.  I edged each layer with VersaMagic Jumbo Java and curled up the edges just a bit - love that the DP is two-sided, so even the "back side" looks great!  The flower was layered onto Labels Nine nesties.  More DP for the background, a bit of straight stitching and zig zag stitching, then I stamped this adorable vintage tag I purchased from Mish Mash with "For You" and used the string from the tag to thread through 2 buttons and tie in a bow.  Love how it turned out; in fact, the card just makes me smile.  Love the bright, cheerful colors.

Thanks for popping by today and thanks for your special wishes on our anniversary yesterday.  It was an AMAZING day and next week we're off for a little rendezvous, just the 2 of us.  My mom will be watching the little ones for us.  W@@T, W@@T....I "might" be a teeny tiny bit EXCITED!  HA


Have a great week; hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Great Friend
Papers:  PTI Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse, DP by MME
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa and VersaMagic Jumbo Java
Accessories:  vintage tag, PTI buttons, nesties, spica glitter pen, PTI Hibiscus Burst ribbon

9 comments:

  1. this is so pretty and I love the dimention to it
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Michele. Love the layered flower and your dp is so bright and cheerful. Sounds like a fun time next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cheerful, love it!
    Love the fact that you get overexcited on your rendezvous with yout husband after 19 years of marriage, I wish you a love that lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Michele that is one stunning card. Love the colours. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, how did I miss that!! Hope you have an ubber romantic time away:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww, I love it! It is beautiful!!!! Love ya, BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty! I really love the dimension of that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing Michele!! Love the colours, have a fabulous romantic get away! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Michele!

    You two have a fantastic time honey - have toooooo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the dimension on the blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.