2/14/11

TLT - Anything BUT a Card Mary J Style

Gift Bag, Close Up of Image
Oh yes, the Lovely Ladybugs are B-A-C-K with another challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD per Mary J.  (I might have cheated..let's see) - HA!

Full Gift Bag

Be sure to check out the Challenge Blog and join the fun; always a great prize and you know, I think those bragging rights are as good as the prize (tee hee)!!

I so love our challenges each week although this one was really tough for me; I was so limited on time due to a basketball tournament out of town, homecoming and a dance our oldest daughter attended. Sheesh - I'm exhausted; not to mention we have a sick little girl.  I had to pick her up early from school today.  :(

Gift Bag w/Matching Card
Poor tyke.

Anyway, I'm sure you're not hear to read about my crazy life - like yours isn't crazy too huh!

OK, I created a decorated gift bag and I LOVE IT!  I love all those circles on the background paper - aren't they so cool?  The paper is PTI's "It's Official" DP.  The gift sack is red (or PTI Pure Poppy when matching colors); I added a layer of Dark Chocolate, the DP and a strip of Simply Chartreuse felt.  And being ever so mindful of using my supplies, I used the "holes" from the decorative lace die for the bottom cupcake - hee, cool eh?  I also added clear sparkles to the cherries on the top cupcake & yellow sparkles to the center of each flower (hair & dress).

I colored in this little Cupcake Cutie and I may or may not have added those adorable white polka dots to her little dress!  :D  Can't help myself, so stinking cute!

Matching Birthday Card
This afternoon after I brought our sick baby home, I snuck downstairs to make a matching card!  Eeek....Mary J is gonna get me!  But what a great gift package; decorated gift bag and matching card - love it!

I added a triple looped bow to the card; the decorative scalloped circle opens to write your message inside; I tried to color the image on the card as close as possible to the image on the gift bag - I think I came pretty close.

AND before I forget, be sure to join us next week cuz the Ladybugs are going to be hopping with some BRAND NEW RUBBAH!  Oh yeah!!

Hope you've enjoyed all the creations by the Ladybugs and don't forget to join the challenge, we LOVE seeing what you create!!  Have a great week; hugs, ~M.




WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Cupcake Cutie
Papers:  GKD White, PTI Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate and Simply Chartreuse
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copics, white gel pen, nesties, PTI felt, Spica Glitter Pen

11 comments:

  1. HI Michele .. lovely gift bag. Great colours
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! Great bag and love the matching card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both stunning!! I love the bag, and the triple looped bow on that card is megamazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Michele, love the little matching card as well! The colours are great, loving that DP. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha!! I will let you off making the card Michele as the bag is magnificent! Love the colour combo - brilliant DPs indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele this is super cute, love the funky colours and great little card you added on there. Was tempted to make one too but chickened out lol. Hope your little one is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is TOO CUTE! What an adorable image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michele, this gift bag is so pretty...love that dp. And the matching card is so cute. What a fantastic matching set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooh I love this!!!! You're right, the bag and card combo is excellent and who wouldn't love to receive this!? Pick me, pick me!!! Love the colours too! I hope your daughter is feeling lots better. Grace has a temperature too
    Hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous gift bag Michele - I would be more than happy to recieve it with nothing in it never mind a pressie inside!! I love your blog layout, that extra column makes such a big difference. Hope your little one is soon better and happy forthcoming aniversary
    x Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I'd never have thought of doing a bag!! And this is just fabulous!! I think Mary J can excuse you the matching card, so perfect for a gift :-)

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.