2/28/11

TLT - Sewing Faux or Real Anita Style

Greetings!  It's another TLT challenge, this time issued by sweet Anita - Stitching Faux or Real...I decided to do some of both!

I used Shopping Nikki and found something really cool while working on this!  You can see I added zig zag stitching to the main card, the decorative rectangle and then faux stitching on the main panel.

I really enjoyed coloring Shopping Nikki; I decided to add white enamel for her buttons but before the enamel was totally dry, I smashed them flat - how cool is that?  I LOVE how they turned out!

The rest is straightforward; nothing fancy, although I did paper piece each of the 4 shopping bags.  Love how that looks!

Won't you join us with your very own creation with faux or real stitching?  There is always a fabulous prize to be won and we love seeing what you create!  You can find all the deets HERE!

Hope to see your creation this week; thanks for stopping by and have a great week!  Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Shopping Nikki 
Papers:  GKD Cream, PTI Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, DP by MME
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMagic Wheat, Jumbo Java
Accessories:  Copics, nesties, white enamel, sewing, paper piecing

10 comments:

  1. Love Nikki's attitude and all these beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Michele - i love the bright pretty colours.
    What a great technique with the enamel.. the buttons are great as are the paper pieced bags
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I adore it Michele! Love that little paper piercing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you know I LOVE this one! Gotta love the cards with shopaholics on them! It is a beautiful card, love all of the colors, patterns, and variations of textures! WOW, I almost sound like an expert, but the truth is....I'm just a non-creative person that enjoys all of your wonderful creations and talents!!!! Love ya, BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Michele, wish I could do stitching like tat :-( ! Love the paper piecing as well, and the colours are fab. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the paper piecing on the bags, such a great idea! And those papers are wonderful, such bright pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele, this is so pretty. Love the zigzag stitching and the paper pieced bags. The buttons looks so neat and I LOVE that dp ... it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, Michele! I love all your papers, and your coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, love the buttons, what a great idea and the fresh and bright colours you coloured Nikki in too :-) Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Michele!!! Your choice of colours and pp is flabulous. Also the zig zag stitching which I used to do more than straight because it was more forgiving! Super card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.