10/1/12

Hello Pumpkin

It's October...already. Seriously, HOW does that happen? 2012 is almost over...which means Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner - GULP!!!
Sweet Nina at Paper Cupcakes has invited me back for another round as Guest Designer - I LOVE her cupcake images. This week, we are celebrating fall so I could not resist using this adorable pumpkin cupcake - YUM!!

The layout is Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #168...with a few revisions/alterations. Sketches are always a great starting point; I think you can easily see the sketch within my card though.


I colored the cupcake wrapper then added white dots with my gel pen. I tried using my Copics from darkest to lightest as I've been taking a class from Suzanne Dean...can I just say, I struggle so much this way - its backwards to me, but I'll try with some other images - like hair! I like how she colors, but whoa man, I can't make it work for me. :(

Inside
Oh well, I still love the image!

Hope you'll join us this week with your fall creation; we love seeing what you create!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Paper Cupcakes Digi Pumpkin Cupcake
Papers: PTI True Black, Terracotta Tile, DP by MME
Ink: Distress Ink Wild Honey (inside)
Accessories: nesties, Copics, PTI button, twine, white gel pen

Challenges:
  Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

  Simply Create Too
  Delicious Doodles
  

9 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    Your card is really adorable. I really like the piecing you did on the cupcake paper base!! Your DPs, dies and button are all wonderful additions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to join us as the GD over at Paper cupcakes. I love your card, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card; happy you could share it with us at Delicious Doodles. Good luck. Vee. (DD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card, love the paper piecing on the cupcake! Well done!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colouring on your image is soooo cute and wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Autumn Colors” Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fall pumpkin cupcake card is so cute. We're very glad you entered it in Simply Create Too's Challenge #23 - Autumn/Fall.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I just love your pumpkin cupcake! Adorable card and a perfect layout to showcase this fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very CUTE! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and great paper piecing. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Simply Create Too DT AJ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.