8/26/07

Red and Apricot Appeal?

I need to get some cards made and had in my mind what I wanted to create, but had no idea what colors I wanted to use. What should you do? Look to your right and there is that ribbon that you have NEVER used - time to use it now! That's it - the ribbon was the inspiration for the card colors.

The base card is SU Real Red layered with SU Apricot Appeal. I added the flourishes to the Apricot Appeal in Real Red and sponged the edges.

The flowers are from SU's Heartfelt Thanks set; I colored them with Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive markers and spritzed with water before stamping. I always like the way it makes the flowers look - I like it even more on watercolor paper; but for this I used Ivory paper. I then layered the flowers on Apricot Appeal and then onto a scalloped Real Red oval. I added white dots to the Real Red scalloped oval, put it all together and ta-da...I like it!

Hope you do to! Have a great week; thanks for peeking in! ~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.