8/14/07

Doodle This Wedding Card

Gosh, what kind of card do you make when you need one for a wedding and you only have 30 minutes to get it made? THIS!


I'm thinking this will be a little hard to explain - but I'll try. It's a double-folded card. The base of the card is Ivory layered with chocolate/pink patterned paper. Then the striped paper is layered on pink card stock. The striped paper opens to the right; then the chocolate/pink paper opens to the left and you have the inside of the card! :) Clear as mud?

Here is a close-up of the Doodle This flower; stamped once in Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and once in Rose Red. Both flowers are cut out, I don't think you can tell from the picture, but I curled each petal with a pencil; gave it a nice look. Each flower is mounted with dimensionals to give it some height and then I added the pink jewel to the top.

Now, here's the next shot once I've open the striped panel up to the right.


Isn't that chocolate and pink paper pretty? AND it's textured! (does my nail look nice - LOL) You do what you have to do when you're in a rush.

And here's the final picture once I've opened this side to the left:

The inside says "The joining of two hands makes One Heart!"; it's stamped in white ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I thought it turned out nice for the short timeframe I was under!It was a dear friend that got married; I worked with her about 4 years ago at a church. Although we didn't work together long, we formed a strong friendship. She's a beautiful young lady, it was delightful to see her so happy. I love weddings, although they ALWAYS make me cry. LOL

I served at the reception; we had sooo many people come back and ask for punch refills (I took the easy way out and served up the punch); it was a very hot day and the punch was delicious and refreshing!

Our oldest daughter, age 11, went with me and was quite the helper! The trip was 7 1/2 hours driving round trip and we were there for about 3 hours for the wedding and reception - made for a very long day; but so worth it!

Thanks for peeking in; have a great week. ~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.