3/11/16

It's FRI-YAY!!

The weekend is HERE; are you ready? Any big plans? Anyone watching basketball - I LOVE March Madness and even though the tournament hasn't started yet; I still love watching all the tournaments leading up to Selection Sunday! #sportsaddict

I hope you've had a great week... It has taken me ALL WEEK to finish this card; I should have made a collage of all the gone wrong tries - HA! I saw an idea that was 2-sided designer paper where you fold the bottom back at the middle to create a little peek-a-boo area (triangle), but I didn't want to use 2-sided paper (note to self, you probably should have used 2-sided paper) but live and learn! I created a one layer piece instead with no designer paper; I masked off a triangle at the bottom and used MFT's Circle Burst stencil and sponged on Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick - then proceeded to cover up the center of the burst where the Spun Sugar was concentrated.
Smiley from Millan.Net
So yes, you see my issues? LOL That's okay; I still love the finished card and YES, I'm using the WPlus9 Doodle Buds set AGAIN! BUT notice anything different? What have I been whining about the last umpteen times I've used this set? THE DIES, I now own the dies - ahhh...sigh of contentment! And I used faux water color using Zig Clean Color Brushes again - throw down some color, add some water and let it dry then stamp away - love how easy it is. I added a bit of shading, lots of clear wink of stella and white polka dots. The blessed was cut from MFT gold card stock and layered with fun foam. I added a decorative inside with one more bloom I had left over. Perfect card for a dear friend!


Hope you have a great weekend; take care; hope to see you again soon!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: WPlus9 Doodle Buds
Papers: Neenah White 80 lb. (base card), PTI Ripe Raspberry, Ranger Water Color, MFT gold 
InkHero Arts Black, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks
Accessories: Zig Clean Color Brushes, MFT Blueprints, WPlus9 Doodle Buds dies, foam tape, fun foam, MFT Circle Burst stencil, white gel pen

Challenges:
  Cupcake Inspirations - CIC350

  ctd383

6 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful card, love the flowers and the dotty panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and I love how you finished the inside too! Thank you for joining our challenge this week over at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you...I love to have matching dies...lol It's okay, we all have our fave stamp sets, give them lots of love!! Your coloring is lovely, and the background is so pretty! Thanks for playing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with your "issues" it turned out to be beautiful! Love those flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW! This is seriously one of the most gorgeous cards I have EVER seen! LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this stunner! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design! Love the faux watercolored flowers and the touch of sparkly gold from the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.