11/1/16

Embellish It!

Hi friends - welcome back to a new month which means a new challenge over at a2z Scrapbooking! I was inspired by THIS card; I went pretty bright and bold with my colors with a touch of gold.


I used the For You color layering flowers (custom order - but ask, they'll be HAPPY to order it for you!! PS - use code "MicheleG15" to get 15% off your order of $25+); there are 3 layers to the flower, I used the 2nd layer and embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder. I also added the 2nd layer of the group of leaves as well as the single leaves from the set, also embossed with Hero Arts white, all stamped on Canson water color paper. I colored the images with a sponge dauber using Distress Inks (Worn LipstickBarn DoorTwisted Citron). Once I finished sponging colors I dropped on some water for some fun spots then used a rule to draw lines using a 2 way glue pen; once completely dry I added rose gold foil. I layered the panel onto colored card stock then onto a panel cut with MFT's Blueprints and designer paper from Doodlebug.



The gold embossed sentiment is from the Hero Arts Thanks stamp and cut set; the larger 'thanks' is Simon Says Stamp painted die sponged in Spun Sugar with rose gold foil along the bottom. I finished the card off with some white seam binding from my stash and some pretty sequins from Simon Says stamp. Thanks for stopping by; hope you'll join our EMBELLISH IT challenge this month; we so enjoy seeing your creations!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Hero Arts For You Color Layering Flowers, Hero Arts Thanks Stamp and Cut
Papers: Neenah 80 lb. and 110 lb. white, DP by Doodlebug, PTI Limeade Ice and Hibiscus Burst
InkVersaMarkWorn LipstickBarn DoorTwisted CitronSpun Sugar
Accessories: sponge daubers, sequins, 2 way glue pen, rose gold foil, MFT Blueprints, Hero Arts white embossing powder

Challenges:

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.