3/17/16

Birthday Blessings

Look, I used Hero Arts Color Layering Flowers For You again; gosh this set is sooo beautiful, with so many options. Since water color is all the rage, I wanted it to have more of a loose feel and not direct stamping with distinct outlines. I stamped the 2nd layer of the flower in 2nd generation Worn Lipstick, the outline of the flower in Festive Berries, full strength, and the center of the flowers with 2nd generation Abandoned Coral (in that order) - each time I stamped, I used plain water to loosen the color up so it didn't have any distinct lines but rather blended a bit. I then stamped the leaves in Twisted Citron, the bottom layer being 2nd generation, the top layer being full strength - again loosening up with plain water.




I added the gorgeous sentiment from WPlus9 Doodle Buds in Versamark and poured on Platinum embossing powder; I sponged the focal point with both Old Paper and Frayed Burlap. The rest is pretty straightforward - lots of sponging, lots of dimension and layering. The red layer at the bottom actually cracked apart when I embossed it - oops, sandwich might have been a little too tight. :D But I love how it looks, just glued it all down and it's fine! Some lace and satin chocolate ribbon (from my hoard stash of ribbon), some yellow dimensional pearls to the center of the flowers (pulled out to resemble a stamen) and a heavy dose of clear Wink of Stella on the flowers finishes it off. Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great day!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?



The Nick Page on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.