8/19/10

My First Time...Yours?

Oh my - I have TWO FIRSTS with this card; how cool is that?? First up, I used my very first stamp set from TCP (The Cat's Pajamas Rubber Stamps); the set is called "Forget the Cake" AND for the first time ever, I left a portion of the image (tops of his little ears outside the nestability circle I cut). Oooo, so proud of ME!!

:D

Trust me, there were plenty of other things that went wrong with this card, so I have to brag about what I can. LOL

The layout is Mercy's current sketch (found HERE); great layout and I knew I wanted to use my brand new stamps. Let me say, the TCP stamps stamp very vivid, clean and clear - LOVE THAT!!! I used my Copics to color the image and then I added the scrumptious Dimensional Pearls in Espresso - L@@K, doesn't that look like real frosting? You know, the kind you lump on a little extra so you can lick it off? Hmph, don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about...I'm smarter than that!

The inside says "Go Forth and Eat Cake!" Oh yeah! The envelope says "Forget about the cake, go for the icing"...see, that's why I had to lump a little extra icing on there!

Mercy's sketch called for a ribbon across the middle, but I had to make that little felt flower in the corner because the sewing machine ATE MY PAPER AND TORE IT. :( So wrong, so very wrong. The ribbon just seemed like too much busy-ness, so I left that part off.

K, I'm kinda hungry and looking at this cake is only making it worse....so that's it for tonight. Have a great weekend friends! Hugs, ~M.




WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: TCP Forget the Cake
Papers: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow, DP by Junkzit (really old)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: nesties, Copics, Janome, PTI Felt, PTI Dies

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Michele! I love the ears sticking up like that! Very yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That really does look like frosting. It's tasty, just lik your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another super cute bunny card Michele! Ok, I'm convinced I need these stamps! haha and a piece of cake with choc frosting!

    gosh, looking at your details, this is a gorgeous card lady!
    Hope you enjoyed your wknd!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.