6/2/10

The Stamping Boutique Design Team

Greetings friends, so glad you stopped by! Here's the link to the post with a PICTURE of me (that's unheard of)! LOL

I was recently chosen for The Stamping Boutique Design Team - I cannot wait to play with their images. I chose this froggy (Pocket Patootie image - don't you LOVE that name?) right off the bat to make a b-day card for my boss; the inside says "see, you made it another year without croaking!" - LOL! I've worked with my boss for 6-7 years (I've lost track), we have a great working relationship - and I love his wife too; she's the best!!

However, I KNEW the card would ultimately end up in the trash (urgh, sinking feeling in my stomach) so I kept it extremely simple. Is that bad - anyone else out there do that? Not put all your 'bellies into it because you KNOW it's headed to File 13??

Anyway, I stamped the image and colored it with watercolor pencils & odorless mineral spirits, used a gel pen for the lures on his hat and then drew the border and stitch marks.

Quick, simple and I'm not devastated that I have all these ribbon, twine, buttons, etc. if it does find it's way to File 13! LOL

Thanks for stopping by; I appreciate you taking the time to visit! Hugs,, ~M.

RF: The "57" on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had. REALLY?!? Who knew, did you?



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: The Stamping Boutique Fishing Frog
Papers: PTI White, Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: black design pen, watercolor pencils, OMS

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, the thought of my card just ending up in the trash is very disturbing at times.But on the other hand I have friends and family who seem to really look forward to receiving one of my handmade masterpieces, so I think that makes up for the others lol. Love the frog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - great job! And I know that most of my cards end up in the trash. Oh well. I make them because I want to:) I just try not to think about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this CAS card Michele! Shows off your fabulous coloring and the sentiment is too funny!

    I cater my cards to the recipient too!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.