6/3/10

Modern Birthday

Hi there friends, how are you?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to properly photograph a white card? WOW...either it's tough or I'm not very good. No comment needed, I know the truth in that statement - LOL! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

I made this 'modern' birthday card at a friend's request; I love that she gave me free reign and I had seen a card similar to this on Nichole Heady's blog; finally had a chance to recreate it!

Finished card is 5.25" square.

Obviously a very simple card; die cut the center flower, adhered patterned paper behind the die cut; die cut a felt flower, adhered over patterned paper and topped with a pearl. I used my Scor-Pal to dry emboss around the edges - can you even see those lines??

I adhered the white square with dimensionals to the base card. Fun, simple, whimsical - ah...just my style!

Hope you're having a great week; hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Big Wish (inside)
Papers: PTI Hawaiian Shores & DP, GKD White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (inside)
Accessories: PTI dies, felt, pearl, Scor-Pal

2 comments:

  1. Omg! I completely agree with you! It is indeed very hard to photograph a white card! LoL... If you ever come across any tips, please pass them along! :)
    But with that said, you did an excellent job with this particular card, and the photograph actually came out just fine! It's such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to photograph a white card so I can't really comment but I think your card is fantastic! A great keep it simple card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.