5/29/23

Color Throwndown 744 Round II

Greetings - I love the colors in the Color Throwdown this week: grey, kraft, pink, and white; not to mention, that bunny is downright adorable too!! 

And since you can't upload 2 cards from the same 'link'; I did two posts and copied the information for both posts!

I created two cards, one with a bright pink and one with a more vintage-y feel; both fun! But...not gonna lie, super sad I lost a few of the teeny tiny dies from the Takes the Cake die set. 😟 UGH!

I cut all the pieces a few times so I could mix and match  

I cut the cake stand from MFTs Silver Shine cardstock, the designer papers have been in my stash for ages - love when I can put the bits and pieces to use!

The outer border was cut using two of the Pink and Main A2 layered rectangle dies; again patterned paper from the same 'stash' as the cake. For this background, I used the Delightful Digits from The Greetery and lightly inked the edges with Mocha from Taylored Expressions, to soften the starkness of the white, I added a layer of vellum - love how that turned out! And I have had these dew drops in my stash forever; they range from clear to a dark orange, so the soft pink and clear ones were perfect. Sentiment is from Taylored Expressions, Simple Strips - Birthday; I have these sentiments already emobossed on kraft - shown here, as well as black and a dark gray; love having them available.

I added a layer of glossy accents to the 'chocolate frosting', then added dots to the 'white puffs' and sprinkled on distress rock candy glitter.



Thanks for stopping by; hope you've had a great Memorial weekend!

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.