4/18/19

Happy Birthday - lots of dimension

Oh friends...I had so much fun making these cards then a total disaster occurred! :(

It probably took me 2 weeks to make these cards; I have a full-time job and with workouts after work, I have very limited time but goodness, they were lots of fun! I am determined to use up my pattern paper (hoard much - HA), so these was the very last of this particular paper pad used to make 3 cards. The flowers were made MONTHS ago - as in 2018 before my medical condition occurred.

Anywho, I cut the frames and used a stencil on the largest frame to sponge on color, darker in one corner and lighter as I moved to the other corner. The outside frame was mounted with dimensional foam. On the inside piece, I used a stencil and modeling paste; once dry, I also sponged on color and adhered it flat to the card. I die cut the 'birthday' 4 times per card and adhered together; the 'happy' was cut from silver sparkle paper. Pulled out some seam binding I've also had for quite some time and tied it on where the two papers meet. Layered on the flowers, added Nuvo drops, rounded some corners and that's it.







And then it went all wrong...
I brought the cards to work to photograph and give away...put them in my sack, I tend to throw everything that needs to go to work in one bag...including my lunch... Any guesses? Yes, my lunch leaked; one card was 100% damaged, the other two I was able to salvage with minimal damage/discoloration, but goodness, I was kinda heartbroken! So much work! Oh well; at least I was able to save two of them; there's joy in that!

Hope you have a great weekend ahead; thanks for popping in!!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: PTI Floral Sketches
Ink: Altenew Inks but made so long ago, I don't know *gasp*, sorry!, Abandoned Coral Distress oxide Ink
Papers: SSS Fog, Neenah 110 lb. white, Echo Park DP (had forever), PTI Smokey Shadow, Silver Glitter Foil
Accessories: WPlus9 Happy Birthday Die, Penny Black Antique Frame, Nuvo Crystal Drops, misc. seam binding, SSS Square Dance stencil

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.