2/1/19

Rubber Band Stamping

What a fun Mix It Up Challenge this month - stamping with rubber bands! I have always used a brayer when using rubber bands but I knew I didn't want to do that this time; I wanted to try something different...AND I needed a birthday card for our son, a boy that LOVES orange!! Just look at this photo; talk about orange, that is NOT red hair, it was ORANGE; he's grown up and I just love everything about him!!



OK; back to my creation! I masked off a heart in the middle of the orange die cut; wrapped some rubber bands around an acrylic block and inked with VersaMark; once I had the entire panel stamped, I removed the mask and sprinkled on Hero Arts white embossing powder melting with my heat gun. I then stamped Happy Birthday on a white die cut heart and embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I sponged on Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade distress oxide inks; spritzed with water and lifted with a dry paper towel. I then adhered the heart with fun foam and layered on to a white die cut also sponged with Spiced Marmalade and finally an orange card base. 




I have to admit, I really love the design of the rubber band stamping! Once I had the card put together, I decided some twine would be a nice touch for a masculine card. 

Thanks for stopping by; hope you'll join us this month - we love seeing your creations!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: MFT BB Adorable Elephants
Inks: Oxide Inks: Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey, VersaMark
Papers: PTI Orange Zest, Neenah 80 lb. and 110 lb. white
Accessories: PTI You Have My Heart die, MFT blueprints, rubber bands, acrylic block, twine, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Ranger liquid platinum embossing powder, fun foam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.