1/16/19

Happy Birthday - Another Mix It Up!

Hi there! I've been working on a top secret project so I haven't had much time to create extra things but my boss had a birthday - just turned 88 and comes to the office most days. Talk about inspiration!!!

And think how delighted I was when I realized my card fit the Mix It Up challenge this month (sentiment as main focus) - totally unintentional!

Ultimately, I'm not sure I'm thrilled with how the card turned out but I'm all about rolling with it and not being quite so self critical - we can all use more self love, #amiright?

I used distress oxide inks which aren't quite as vibrant as regular distress inks and I think that's my issue but I still think he'll like it! The outside and inside sentiment come from Mama Elephant Birthday Wishes (inside says: to a person that is charming, talented and witty, and reminds me a lot of myself. HILARIOUS!). I added a balloon from PTI's Birthday Balloons; everything on the cover was embossed in white before the colors were added. I also dropped on white ink, peacock feathers and twisted citron.

And of course, I decorated the envelope to match too; that might be my favorite part - HA!


The base panel was also created with watercolor paper and a couple different size paintbrushes just dipped in water, peacock feathers and twisted citron. I thought it would be fun to add some black accents to the thicker lines and then lines to the sentiment. I didn't worry too much about which lines were going which way on the sentiment, just thought it tied it all together nicely. Might need to click on the image to really see those details.


Thanks for stopping by; hope you're having a great week...AND January is half over, *GASP*, seriously, how does that happen!?!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Birthday Wishes, PTI Birthday Balloons
Challenges:
  MIUCB#21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.