2/10/17

JUGS Theme - HEARTS!

I'm telling you; I LOVE creating for the month of February - it's such a special month for our family. Our first child was born, Valentine's Day and my wedding anniversary all occur this month. Hubby and I will be celebrating 25 years this month. :D Not to mention, I LOVE hearts - hearts and polka dots make me pretty darn happy!

So I'm back this week for Just Us Girls (JUGS) celebrating THEME week = HEARTS. Ahhh...I'm in love! I created two cards to fit the challenge.


The first card uses a free digi from Verve Visual (not sure if it's still available) but it was perfect to print on kraft card stock and begin building my card. The cool burlap heart was found at Hobby Lobby in their Valentine section; I roughed up the edges a bit, then used Verve Visual's Love Notes die to cut a cute little heart from this adorable designer paper. The rest is pretty self-explanatory; just had fun creating!! I included a sneak peek of the inside, I am forever using washi tape on the inside of cards and my envelopes; just love the touch it adds, and available in so many colors. I did 'fling on' lots of tattered angels and hero arts mists in the background; mounted the main panel with fun foam and finished it all off with some enamel dots.





inside - washi tape
My next card is back to using my favorite technique - SMOOSHING - I know, there goes that technical term again. HA!

I created two water color panels with various distress inks; I took the brighter of the two panels and once dry,  die cut these SSS stacked hearts die and sprayed with shimmer mist - I know, next to impossible to see in the photos, but I think you 'might' be able to see it on my Instagram photo??!! I sponged on more distress inks in the background before adhering the hearts - I REALLY wish I would have added fun foam for some dimension. :( I die cut the LOVE from Hero Arts multiple times from white card stock and once from black card stock; layered them together and coated with glossy accents, I then stamped the YOU just below (also from the same stamp set). I finished the card off with some black/white striped paper and a strip of PTI Raspberry Fizz coated in clear Wink of Stella.



inside - MORE washi tape :D


Thanks for stopping by; hope you'll join our HEARTS theme this week!!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Hero Arts Love stamp and cut, Verve Visual digi stamp set Love From Me
Papers: Neenah 80 lb.  and 110 lb. white, Ranger water color, misc. designer paper, PTI Raspberry Fizz, Kraft, MFT Paver Red
InkVarious distress inks, Hero Arts black
AccessoriesHero Arts Love stamp and die (LOVE), MFT Tag Builder Blueprints, glossy accents, Tattered Angels mist, Hero Arts Unicorn mist, SSS stacked hearts die, MFT Blueprints, enamel accents, burlap heart from Hobby Lobby

Challenges:
  JUGS - hearts
  All the Little Things

  SSSMCHALLENGE

11 comments:

  1. Two beautiful heart designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Michele, two different style cards, but both of them absolutely amazing! Way to rock the Hearts challenge at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your cards, the designs are so pretty. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Michelle. I love the rustic look of the first one and by now 'smooshing' IS actually a technical term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both awesome! I love the burlap heart and that cool background on your kraft card. And the second card with the shimmery hearts against the soft smooshed background is beautiful. Love the addition of the striped piece and the glossy love. You definitely nailed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 Beautiful cards. Love all the elements you added to the first one and the second one with all the different colours combined really make this stand out. Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those die cut hearts. Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome couple of cards! I love the font on the kraft and red card

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these - they are both simply gorgeous. I love the burlap on the first one, and those die cut hearts on the second are super cute. Thanks for all the inspiration here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My deepest apologies for coming by so late! Life got in my way! Your cards are sensational! Isn't that sentiment from Julee awesome!!! Love the colors too! Your second card is just super cute! The background us perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.