2/19/14

Out of the Norm

NO...not me silly!! :D

I don't normally post too much personal stuff on here but now that I've started well trying to start project life, you may see a few more things here and there but I promise to stay focused mainly on crafts...cuz THAT'S what keeps this momma sane!!

Our oldest daughter has a lead part in the high school play this weekend, "Dearly Departed", last play for her as she graduates in May. Anywho, the parents will provide treats for 'intermission' at both performances. I have a co-worker that bakes ALL. THE. TIME. - seriously, so she shared two of her favorite recipes and I wanted to share them with you! I have personally taste tested the Monster Cookies and they are HEAVENLY!!

So here you go; hope you will try them!! If you do, let me know what you think:

Monster Cookies

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. light corn syrup
2 tsp. baking soda
1 stick margarine/butter, softened
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
4 1/2 cup oatmeal
2/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup M&M's

Mix in order, drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. 

Toffee Grahams

24 square graham crackers
2 sticks butter/margarine (softened)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 325 to 350 degrees. Arrange cracker squares on a lightly greased cookie sheet with edges around it. In a saucepan, bring the butter and sugar to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Pour over crackers, covering them well. Sprinkle with nuts and bake for about 10 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into 24 squares or 48 "fingers".

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't sure I could comment on here as I am on a diet, I am pretty sure both those recipes would take my loss to a gain!! They sound delish though!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.