2/26/14

2 pocket gift sack

I soooo love making these gift bags; so much fun! They are 5" x 7.5"; I just fold up a small portion at the bottom and stitch the sides and the bottom, then there is a small pocket at the bottom where I place the little insert and then a larger pocket at the top where the tissue paper is. I made 2 the same night, COMPLETELY different colors, I'll show the other one later this week.

This one  uses some scraps of paper, fun/funky colors...and washi tape...and that little clothespin and a partial doily... :D Lots of good things tossed on there!

For some reason when I stitched this time, my sewing machine was not playing nice at all so I added a piece of designer paper to the back. The tag is from Memory Box, I cut it twice, covered one side with DP then left the back nice and clean so you can add a message. Added a Tim Holtz ticket which I distressed; it is layered onto a spritzed doily and then held on with a mini "hello" clothespin that I painted red with my Copic markers. I added a Verve Visual's Award Banner die; I cut it a 2nd time from hot pink card stock and inserted the circles into the blue banner. Also added a strip of polka dot washi tape at the bottom.

Full tag shown


Thanks for stopping by; hope you'll visit again later this week when I show you the 2nd back in completely different colors!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: NONE
Papers: Doodlebug DP, PTI Aqua Mis, Misc. hot pink card stock
Ink: NONE
Accessories: Janome Sew Mini, Verve Visual Award Banner Die, washi tape, misc. tissue paper, mini clothespin, Copics, Tim Holtz ticket, doily

Challenges:

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.