4/10/10

CAS Mother's Day

I am really enjoying these layouts from the Clean & Simple blog; here's another one I did - FTL 85. I'm still enjoying several of my new PTI goodies and this time I played with both black & Hawaiian Shores felt to make some fabby flowers; I cut the edges off that flowed over the card - I liked them overflowing, but I also liked this look (and it needs to fit into the envelope - HA!)! My card is 7.25" by 3.5" inch; love the size, had tons of fun with it.

I used cardstock for the panel on the left-hand side but really felt it needed something else - I could just not make it work but I loved when I pulled out this beautiful black silky ribbon from My Favorite Things; the shine and edging is just gorgeous; so I joined the newest trend and made a ruffly strip; ***LOVE*** how it turned out - really hard to photograph though. The verse is from Verve Visual's "Because of You"; LOVE what it says! The inside is a simple Happy Mother's Day in black, but I added some swirly brackets in Hawaiian Shore from PTI's 2nd anniversary stamp set (not sold); I stamped it once right side up and then once upside down; since the stamps are clear, it's easy-peasy to line them up! I added lots of glitter using a clear Spica glitter pen to the brackets, but you can't see that in the photo. :( Great IRL though!!

I added MME's Lush black and some miscellaneous turquoise gems to the flowers. I love the way PTI's dies work - they are amazing - these flowers are from Beautiful Blooms II; I used all 3 sizes for the various flowers.

Thanks for stopping by; I'm going to have some MEGA EXCITING news late Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning; I hope you'll stop back by! Have a great week; hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual's Because of You , PTI's 2nd anniversary stamp set
Papers: PTI Hawaiian Shore & Black, GKD White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Hawaiian Shore
Accessories: Lush Black Gems, Misc. Turquoise Gems, Beautiful Blooms II floral dies, Spica clear glitter pen, MS punch, My Favorite Things ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Love the card design! It is so pretty! AND GUESS WHAT??? I just ordered that set from Verve! LOL!

    How is your little man doing? Any better today? Man I just couldn't get over that goose egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I love the color combo and the ribbon treatment! Great job with FTL 85!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning! The layered felt flowers look amazing on here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.