12/6/09

With Sympathy - Papertake Weekly Challenge #29

A dear friend's mother passed away this last week - this card seems mighty bright for a sympathy card, but my friend LOVES pink and rather than focusing on her loss, I wanted to focus on the celebration of her mother's life! Her mother has been seriously ill for awhile; there were many times they thought they were going to lose her, but God works in marvelous ways and they all spent the night with her before she passed on to be with our Lord. The best part? Her mother was well known for her singing so I'm certain she joined right in with the angels when she got to Heaven!

I had this card made up for several days and had just not stamped the main image; when I realized I wanted to make it into a sympathy card, I stamped the "With Sympathy" from "Forever in Our Hearts" and the decorations from Verve's new stamp set, "Thankful Accents".

I hope you had a great weekend; did you get some Christmas shopping done? I sure didn't! I don't have many days left to get it all together, Christmas will be here before we know it!

Thanks for popping in, I love when you visit. Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Thankful Accents & Forever in Our Hearts
Ink: VersaMagic Green, SU! Close to Cocoa, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Paper: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, SU! Old Olive, MME DP

Accessories: piercing tool, cuttlebug, pop dots, sponging

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.