12/13/09

Really Poofy Flower

Hi friends, how are you? So...what's your temperature where you are? Has winter arrived? It's been very nippy here with some ice pelting us this last week. I really would have preferred a nice fall (we seemed to have skipped that season this year) and then a nice gentle white snow (yes, we seemed to skip that too)! AND Christmas is quickly approaching, do you have all your shopping done?

I saw this paper flower on Dawn McVey's blog (so love her site)! She found it on Wendy's website - such great step-by-step instructions! The flower is actually made from an old book. I totally CASE'd Dawn's card for my card - she always has such great inspiration!

I stamped polka dots in Hibiscus Burst on the paper circles to give it some color. I used Damask Designs (also one of Dawn's stamp sets) across the bottom of the kraft cards stock using Fresh Snow from PTI. The leaves for the flower were also stamped in Fresh Snow on Hibiscus Burst paper, I then tore the shape of the leaves, crinkled them up, smoothed them out a bit and attached underneath the flower. Tied on some beautiful ribbon in Hibiscus Burst...and for me? It's a rather simple card.

I'm so in love with these flowers, I'll have another cool project coming up using these same flowers but in Christmas colors!

Thanks for popping in, I love when you visit!! Have a great weekend; hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs, Stamps of Life Back2Basics
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow, VersaMagic Chocolate
Paper: PTI Kraft & Hibiscus Burst, old book

Accessories: ribbon, button, twine, EK Success Punch, pop dots

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty flower, and gorgeous card. Now I have to go look for the tutorial! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.