9/7/09

SASI - challenges

Cuppie turned 1 this weekend - you can read all about it HERE. Taylor and her team filled the day with challenges, every single hour a new challenge was issued. I haven't played in all of them, but I did get a few in this weekend!

This first card was for challenge #6 by Laura - a sketch challenge. Yes, you know how much I love sketches. My youngest daughter is convinced that I do not create anything without a sketch - LOL! I made 2 cards this weekend and didn't have a sketch for either - she'll be SO PROUD of me!

I think this image is simply adorable - it's from Whipper Snapper called "A Hug for Ike". All paper was left over from last year's Christmas season; the Dark Chocolate was embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folder, Snow Dots, and highlighted with White Snow ink from PTI. Ike and his friend were colored with Copics and also watercolor pencils - don't you just want to give them a squeeze?

The next card I created was a combo submission for Taylor's #1 inspiration challenge and Karen's #2 sketch challenge. I love the bright, fun and funky patterns in Taylor's inspiration challenge and the simple layout of Karen's sketch made these birthday cards a treat!

The cupcake is from Unity's "Sweet Yummy Cupcakes" set; such great cupcakes in this set and Taylor LOVES cupcakes, so it was a home run all the way. :D

I kept the coloring extra simple using a clear Spica glitter pen for the black wrapper and the pink swirls on the wrapper; the orange dots are done with a souffle pen so it's a 3D effect. Looks so cool IRL.

Hopefully you can see the sparkle in this close up photo. (Dont' forget, you can click on any image to see a larger version). The bright paper is another snippet from the Junkitz Salsa collection - such great paper. Again, I'm trying to use up my DP before it takes over the craft room..and YOU think I'm joking!

Thanks for stopping by; I love when you pop in! Hope you have a great week! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Whipper Snapper A Hug for Ike; Unity Sweet Yummy Cupcakes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa
Paper: PTI's Hibiscus Burst, GKD's 80 lb. Pure Luxury White, Junkitz Salsa, Bo Bunny DP
Accessories: nestability dies, Copics, Spica Glitter Pens, SU! Water color pencils, cuttlebug Snow Dots embossing folder

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....OH MY GOSH....Love these cards!...especially the Mike and Ike...one of my VERY FAVORITE Whipper Snapper Stamps. Great coloring and colors. :)

    ...yep, that was an exciting race. Bummin' that Kevin didn't win, but hey, 2nd isn't so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such fabulous cards!!! That Whipper Snapper image is super duper sweet and I LOVE the bright happy cupcake card with all the sparkle! Thanks so much for playing in my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! Fabulous combination of challenges...love the soft colours in your first sketch and that bear is adorable! Your cupcake card is so bright and cheerful! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.