9/28/09

I'M BACK!!

Wow, sometimes I REALLY go missing in action huh? I've been sick and just with the insanity of all the sporting events, I've had a hard time carving out a bit of computer time to post some creations. I've got lots of things to post - just need some time!

Tonight I'm posting TWO CARDS - yep, a two-fer!! This first one was inspired by the incredible Kristin Bueter of Mindless Creativity - she does such amazing work; I love visiting her blog!

I love the colors in this challenge, I immediately thought of my PTI stamp set "On My Couch" and had to run with it. You can see I used polka dots throughout my card. The strip right underneath the chair was created by alternating inks of the pillow in the "On My Couch Additions" stamp set; what a great pattern the pillow makes!

Check that out - even the couch on my card is worn..that means it's a nice, soft, comfy couch - calling to you for some relaxation!

The inside uses the sentiment "potato optional" - I just love that! This card measures 5.5" x 5.5".

This next card set takes a complete change in colors and heads on over to the beautiful pink & white creations!

I had a friend who wanted some pretty girly cards in pink & white, so I used the forever favorite Upsy Daisy by Stampin' Up embossed with white embossing powder onto PTI's Hibiscus Burst. Straightforward stamping here, but sure made for some fun, cheery note cards!

That's it for tonight; my eyelids sure are heavy! I was going to try to work on a post for tomorrow night, but it'll just have to wait!

Hope you're having a great week; thanks for popping in! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Thankful Blossoms, PTI On My Couch
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, SU! Craft White
Paper: PTI's Dark Chocolate, White, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Rain
Accessories: Nestability Dies, embossing, cuttlebug embossing, clear button, twine

3 comments:

  1. Michele~

    I LOVE that you made your couch "worn"...i.e. "comfy"!! The inspiration card is so fresh with that white, and I ADORE the patterned paper you created! I never would have thought to use that image to create a pattern! What a WONDERFUL idea! This turned out so pretty!

    Your girly, set of cards is WONDERFUL! Love how quick and easy they appear to be yet detailed enough to look professional. Just the small touches make a HUGE difference! The rounded corners, the embossing and the contrasting ribbon...perfect for your cards, yet quick to reproduce. Seriously, if I saw these at the store, I would buy them!

    So sorry to hear you have been sick...hope you're feeling better! Thank you for your sweet comments about me :) I'm so humbled reading what you wrote! You are too kind!! You definitely made me smile tonight :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comfy sofa card, you did a great job on that! The cards are real cute too. I would love to have the comforter set that is pictured....is that yours? Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. The worn couch is such a great idea and I love where the inspiration came from.

    I know I have told you that I bought the Upsy Daisy set because I just love what you do with it and now...I need white embossing powder! Sheesh!

    I hope you get to feelin better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.