5/31/09

Congratulations Grad!

First off - NO LAUGHING! I'll get to that in a moment!

I recently had a friend ask me to make a graduation card for one of her friends - the colors at the college she graduated from are black and orange. ??

:D

I love this layout and have used it many times, so it was a quick card to pull together. I used the flower from my stash and I love the extra sparkly center I added! Can you believe how well that flower matches the paper and everything? Had to keep a girly look to it ya know! Everything on the card is accented with black and the sentiment is embossed with fine black detail embossing powder. I sponged around the sentiment to ease the stark Ivory color.

Now the laughing part...this was the FIRST card I have EVER stitched on - AND it's not a typical sewing machine. It's a teeny-tiny handheld machine I bought at Michael's for $5, it runs on 4 double A batteries. I bet I've had that thing for a year and never used it! It's really tough to sew straight, but I liked the touch it added to the card! My next purchase? A Mini Janome! Yeah baby!

I hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for popping in; I love when you visit! Hugs, ~M.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! I had one of those little sewing machines...I bought it and about a year later took it back! LOL you did a good job sewing! This is such a simple card but you have a way with making the simple so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.