3/21/09

Eggstra Special

Each Friday, Taylor offers a Cupcake Sketch Challenge - if you have cupcakes, why not use them...but it's not required. I've been itching to make some Easter cards and I loved the sketch this week so I gave it a whirl. I went for some really bright colors...I'm sooooo ready for Spring!

The main image is from MFT's Eggstra Special stamp set; I colored the egg to match the DP which is also by MFT, it's their Spring Collection Paper Pack. You can't tell from the pictures, but my little chicks are all sparkly. One of my favorite things about clear stamps is you can curve them on your acrylic block and see EXACTLY where it's going to line up with your image - just perfect!

I used an oval nestability for the main image and layered it onto a scalloped oval nestability - you can just see the edges of the scallops around the main image. What do you think of those white polka dots; aren't they great? I used PTI's Polka Dot Basics and Fresh Snow ink, my first time to use the Fresh Snow and I *heart* it...it was so easy to ink up just the dots I needed and line them up time after time. I like the way they turned out! The main image and the 2nd panel are both raised with dimensionals.

Hope you're getting geared up for Easter - whether that means attending a Sunrise Service, coloring Easter eggs, hunting Easter eggs or a family gathering - I hope it's fabulous!

Thanks for popping in!! Hugs, ~M.



Ingredients:
Cardstock: SU! Certainly Celery, SU! Pixie Pink, PTI Lemon Tart, Gina K 80 lb. Pure Luxury
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Spica AtYou Glitter Pen
Extras: Threading Water Punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Those are such springy colors...gotta love the nestys!

    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog...I always love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, I love the polka dots, I am intrigued how you made them?
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Love the colors and what a sweet image! SO springy! Thanks for playing aong with us at Stamp Something:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous!I love the stamp, very cute. BR-T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.