11/23/08

Wallet Gift Card Holder

WOW; another b-day party today for our oldest daughter to attend. Have you ever noticed I'm horrible about waiting till the last minute to make a card or whatever we decided to do. LOL You think I'd learn!

I knew we were going to purchase a gift card for the young lady and I remember seeing an awesome wallet-like gift card holder, so I went in search of it this morning and ta-da...found it! And oh my gosh; is it the simplest thing ever; I can't wait to make more, I'll use this time and time again.

And let me apologize now; the pictures are awful, I honestly took them as we were running out the door!

This first picture is the inside; see the little slot? That's where you insert the gift card, it was the perfect size - first time I've eyeballed something and it worked out perfectly. LOL Our DD wrote her message inside on one of the flaps. This next picture shows the outside of the gift card holder; I used another cupcake from "It's a Cupcake Kind of Day!". I paper pieced and crimped the bottom of the cupcake; love the way it looks!

I kept the top of the cupcake simple and outlined it with grey and soft pink. I added some green dew drops to the corners (not that you can tell they are green from the picture, you'll just have to believe me!). We tied it all together with a green ribbon.

Woo hoo, quick, easy and cute; gotta love it! Thanks for popping in; I hope you have a GREAT week! Hugs, ~M.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - YOU, last minute card making?? Never!! Same as me! Shocking huh?! Gift card holder looks great though. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, I made several of these last year, thanks for reminding me about them.
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.