11/27/08

SCS Challenge - Christmas Style

But first, let's start with a joyful picture I received from our middle daughter. Poor babe has been sick since Monday. She's had a fever, tummy ache, headache, nasty cough and just feels rotten. She made it through 1/2 a day of school on Monday, then missed the rest of the days they attended. Needless to say Thanksgiving was spent at home just the two of us; however, I must report she is feeling MUCH better. Praise God! When I finished my shower this morning and headed to the other bathroom to get ready; this was propped up behind the sink waiting for me.

Pretty good little artist huh? She was so proud of the picture and I was beyond thrilled with it!

If you've stuck with me this long, I'll move along to stamping stuff now.

:D

I used the SCS sketch challenge and was totally inspired by "sn0flakes" card which you can see HERE. Isn't it GOJUS? Seriously!

Not sure mine does it justice, but I love the inspiration she provided, so here's a sneak peek of mine. Lots of red for Christmas and some sparkle to go along!

I love this swirly ornament from Inkadinkadoo; its one of my all-time favorite Christmas stamps. For card stock, I used Pure Poppy from PTI, SU! Very Vanilla and one small square of DP from SU! The ornament is stamped in Pure Poppy and then colored with a clear Spica Glitter Pen for the sparkle. I added "Wishing you" from PTI's Snowflake Serenade set and the inside says "Joy". I cuttlebugged the base Very Vanilla and the small strip of Very Vanilla with the D'vine Swirls folder and then highlighted the swirls with more Pure Poppy. The ribbon is actually from my stash, just a small piece received when I placed an order with Ellen Hutson (*heart* her store); it matched nicely, added 3 medium sized pearls and we were good to go.

So, what do you think of my first Christmas card? Are you in the mood for Christmas? Making your list, checking it twice? Santa is you know!

I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving with your friends and family...Christmas is just around the corner!!

SmileyCentral.com

Thanks for stopping by; hugs, ~M.

6 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear that you dd was not feeling well. love the card that she made you. how sweet is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card, it's beautiful! I've been feeling yucky since sunday but hosted Thanksgiving anyway - lol. I know, crazy, huh. The drawing is beautiful. I bet you got teary-eyed. I would have.

    Hope your little one gets to feeling better and I pray you don't catch it as well!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty , love that fancy ornament !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful ornament! Love the red and white color combo with it. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the different pattered paper you used on this one. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH this card is so beautiful! It's elegant and graceful & I LOVE that ornament :)

    Inky Smiles!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.