7/28/08

Celebrate!

A dear friend recently graduated from college - WOO HOO! I admire anyone that at a "bit older*" age goes back to college to reach a goal. I wanted to make a special card incorporating her favorite color - yellow. I didn't have her favorite flower; BUT I did have my brand new KSS 3-Step Hibiscus stamps, so to work I went.

This young lady is a mother of 4 boys (that statement alone scares me to death - I only have one of the male species and oh my, he can be a handful - LOL); she's done many things in her career, but going back to school was truly pursuing something that is most near and dear to her heart.

The card is pretty basic as far as layout and papers, but those flowers just really make a card unique (well, I think it does). I used an oval nestability to cut the center portion out and layered a piece of vellum between the striped paper and main card image. I stamped the word "Celebrate" in Brilliance Graphite Black and embossed with fine black embossing powder. The edge of the oval is slightly embossed.

You know me, I struggle with that 'white space' so I used SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds and stamped the splashes of dots in yellow and green. Overall, I like the way it turned out; what do you think?

On ANOTHER personal note - not related to my dad - my DH and I spent most of yesterday (over 100 degrees) outside working on the yard; it had gotten totally out of control. We lost one of our evergreen trees, one of our flower beds was in a battle between flowers and weeds - and truly, the weeds were winning. We got a ton done; but man, was it hot out there!

Well, I awoke today to a beautiful heat rash all over my face. I *HOPE* it's a heat rash as the bumps have worsened today and below my eyes on my upper cheekbones, it's swollen. YIKES - just what I need, going to work with a nice rose colored bumpy complexion. Awww...that would be just my luck.

Meanwhile, I hope you had a great weekend and are off to a great start this week. Thanks for peeking in; hugs! ~M.

*meaning not 18-19 yrs. old




Card Recipe:
Cardstock: SU Mellow Moss, SU Patterned Paper (striped); SU Whisper White, Vellum
Oval cut with Nestability Die
Stamps: KSS 3-Step Hibiscus; SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Embellies: Black Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. very pretty card, I hope your rash has gone away >"<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too admire anyone not 18 or 19 who goes back to school to finish their education. In fact, my Best Friend, at 36 is half-way through this situation too.
    Your card is beautiful. Congrats to your friend!
    P.S. how's the rash doing? I hope better!
    God Bless,
    Sara (sbs10)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.