7/23/08

Butterfly Notecards

Note cards have been so popular this year - you know, no fold, they can write on the front and back and just slip it in the envelope. I've seen so many that I love that I decided to make some too. I had some scrap DP left over so I decided to work on using it up.

The butterfly is from Verve Visual's Thankful Blossoms set. I colored the butterfly with one copic color; but colored the inner portion repeatedly with the same color to darken it a bit. The butterfly was stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black - I LOVE that ink; I use it all the time when using my Copics. The butterfly is stamped on an embossed rectangle nestability; this rectangle is then layered onto the same size rectangle, but this one with scallops; love the way the scallops just peek out around the edges.

I colored the body of the butterfly and its antennae with a Copic Atyou glitter pen; I added the same butterfly to the envelopes. The strip of floral paper was the extra DP paper I had - I used all of it up...amazing for me!! :D

You know, I like to hoard that stuff rather than use it. LOL

Two of the note cards say "hello"; two say "happy thoughts".

Now for the fun of it...a picture of Snowball (one of our guinea pigs). Our middle daughter placed Snowball on her new really big pink ball. I think Snowball looks adorable!!

Thanks for stopping by; hope you're having a great week. Hugs, ~M.

2 comments:

  1. Love these notecards. The Verve stamp set is uber cool. First time I have seen it. TFS. Lisa SBS10

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really nice, my daughter is on vacation right now and I made some of these so she can write me a quick note. I really like that butterfly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.