11/12/07

Girlfriends

Happy Monday!

How many of you have that "one girlfriend" who will do anything for you? A co-worker's daughter was recently injured and her best friend since 1st grade has done so many things for her - carry her backpack, help her out at school - you name it, she's done it. My co-worker asked me to make a special card for her, but I couldn't stop at just a card, so I made this gift set:

I love the paper by Heidi Grace; it's two sided with orange polka dots on the other side. I made a greeting card; a post-it note holder and then this nifty little notebook I got at Target. The little notebooks come in sets of 2; such fun to decorate.

The base card is pixie pink; I'm stuck on that color. Layered with the Heidi Grace paper. I then stamped the "Girlfriends" on SU's whisper white paper and colored with markers, aquacolor crayons and OMS. I added the oval stamp in orange to 'ground' the girls. Such fun to color - they look rather retro don't you think? The tag in the lower right-hand corner was found in my 'stash'. I'm trying so hard not to 'stash' - to actually USE what I buy. How many of you do that?

I made another post-it note holder cuz they're just so fun and easy to make and so very cute!

And last, is the Target Notebook I covered and added ribbon to - I love this paper...have I mentioned that?

I love notebooks that are spiral bound; always easy to use both sides of the paper! I left it plain as far as decorations so the young lady can use it how she pleases.

Last but not least, I have one more Presentahbella to show you. This one is much like the others I did; however, I added 'stickles' (glitter glue) to several of the circles on the present - I love how that adds to the bling and matches the background paper even more.


Here's a close-up of Presentahbella also - I think you'll really be able to see the stickles on the circles.

Thanks for peeking in; I hope you have a marvelous week! Thanksgiving is quickly approaching; as I always like to say - life is much too short; be sure to give your loved ones an extra squeeze and let them know how much they mean to you.

Friday will be one year ago that we lost Jim's dad to cancer; for those of you that have walked the path with us - thank you for your love and support. I have a special gift planned for Jim; memories of his father directly from our little children's mouths - children are so honest and remember the "bestest" things. I know, I know, "bestest" isn't a word; but it works when talking about our children and memories.

May you find many blessings; the evident and the hidden ones that God has chosen just for you!

Hugs, ~M.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card, I really like how you colored your bella and the big flower looks great!

    You are so right, you never know how long your going to have someone in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tooo sweet. I really like the beautiful coloring on the bella!
    I agree with lynn - we never know how long we are going to have someone in our life, we have to cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.