7/2/07

July 4th Birthday Invite

One of my former co-workers and an extremely dear friend has a daughter that entered this world 1 year ago on July 4! What a day! This young lady was about 2 weeks over due and I thought her mommy was going to force her out (remember how miserable you are at 9+ mos. pregnant) - LOL!!

Since it's her first birthday, they decided to do firework related b-day invites and thank you cards. I haven't finished the Thank You cards as they'll be a bit different, but here's a look at the birthday invite I did. Nothing fancy; but it turned out nice for this young lady's special day!

The base card is Red embossed with the Cuttlebug Swirl Folder; I then layered white cardstock edged in blue and some blue glitter embossed paper from Michael's. Added some ribbon and then topped with a Giga Scalloped Circle punch layered with a Mega circle punch. The fireworks are stickers, I COULD NOT (quickly) for the life of me, find a firework stamp that would work...these stickers worked out great and had several different images in the package. I added white polka dots to the Giga Scalloped Circle, stamped the "Scalloped Frames & Doodles" from Gina K Designs around the sticker and lightly highlighted the swirls on the red cardstock with white ink; mounted the circle with dimensionals.

Even though this dear little girl is only 1 yr. old (almost), she approved of the invites with a B-I-G toothy grin!

Card Details:
Cardstock: SU Really Red, SU Whisper White, Misc. paper from Michael's
Ribbon purchased at Michael's
Stamp: Scalloped Frames & Doodles by Gina K (click HERE)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.