7/19/07

Hippest of Cats

Isn't this funny? I think so; hope you do too! Click on the picture to see it up close.

I made this as a birthday card for a friend's mother; she sent me a picture of her mom's cat - he's big, fat and happy! He's several colors so I just made him a 'hip' cat with many colors. Those 'paws' on the hips just crack me up.

I broke into a stash of patterned paper I had purchased at Hobby Lobby quite some time ago - do you like? I think it's deeeelish! :)
The base card is SU's Pixie Pink, layered with Certainly Celery, then layered with the floral printed paper and argyle paper. I used the green ribbon with white polka dots to hide where the two pieces of paper come together.

Now the cat and saying were RAK gifts from Cindy and Cindi - how's that, those two girls stepping up to help this cat-less girl out! Thanks ladies, I owe you!!

The cat is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Aquacolor Crayons and Odorless Mineral Spirts. He's then layered on SU Pixie Pink paper and mounted to the card with dimensionals. The saying is layered onto SU Certainly Celery and then I added the pink gems; aren't they cute?

I made two of these cards, anyone need a cat birthday card? :)

Hope you're having a great week. Thanks for stopping by! ~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.