5/23/14

HELLO?

Hi friends! Welcome back to another super fun recipe from Crafts 4 Eternity - Best of British! My original idea didn't work out, so I spun off that picture and ended up with the card below. But first...let's talk about prizes!! Talk about a great prize - one person can win a $12 voucher to Di's Digi Downloads!

OK, I love these bright red phone booths which pop up in every Google search I do - but here's where I specifically Googled for British phone booths - look at all of them, aren't they too cute?

This sweet Papertreyink image and matching die - Heart to Heart #4 - worked perfectly. I also used a simple sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #77. I cut several circles with nesties, punched a couple circles, then used some circles from the Verve Scalloped Trim Trio circle die which I attached at the top of the card. I used scraps to insert behind the circles, focusing on red, white and a lighter blue than what you typically see for British colors - but I think it works. The sentiment was stamped in MFT Black Licorice; the inside says "how are you?", added another circle trim to the inside.


Super cute phone cord huh? I colored some twine with Copics and wrapped it around a small paint brush, sprayed with water and heat set - so fast and easy!!

TFL; hope you'll join this super fun recipe and play along with us; we love seeing your crafty goodness!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Papertreyink Heart to Heart #4
Papers: DP by MME, GKD 120 lb. white, PTI Pure Poppy and True Black
Ink: Versamark, MFT Black Licorice, Colorbox ChalkAlabaster
Accessories: nesties, misc. circle punch, Verve Visual Scalloped Trim Trio die, PTI matching Heart to Heart telephone, die (colored grey with Copics), Copics, Zing embossing powder in Rouge


Challenges:
 CAS(E) this Sketch #77

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Michele love the phone so cute! Have a great week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.