10/4/11

Hambo Hoedown - Flower Monster Digi

Oh what fun - all the *new* Bacon Bits are posting today for the Hambo Hoedown using this ultra cute Flower Monster Digi... seriously, is he not the cutest monster taking a little chomp on that flower? LOL You get TWO sentiments with this digi and I chose to use the "If friends were flowers...I'd chews you!" - seriously adorable!

And the challenge: create a project that uses an item that starts with the first letter of your first name! And to be Queen of the Hoedown (coolest title evah), just check out the deets at the Hoedown page and then play along!

Since my name starts with an "M", I used my all-time favorite DP - My Mind's Eye (floral panel)!  :D

I used Karen's super cute Sweet Sunday Sketch Layout #137...I "might" have added a few more layers than the sketch shows but that's okay; layouts are a great jumping off point. Beyond that, I followed it pretty closely! And it just made sense to layer the Flower Monster Digi onto a flower nestie! I used a white gel pen to add some stitching.

A few other 'additions' to this card that you might not realize are there...I'll tell you what they are: the brown polka dots? They weren't there - that paper was a nice white color, so I stamped all the polka dots then aged the paper with PTI's tea dye ink and Antique Linen Distress Ink. AND I layered the little monster twice, and then layered the flower a 3rd time - isn't that fabby?  **love**

Hope you take time this week to join us over at the Hambo Hoedown.

... chewy monsters can be CAH-UTE ...

Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps:  Hambo Stamps Flower Monster Digi
Papers:  GKD white, PTI Simply Chartreuse and Dark Chocolate
Ink:  Memento Dark Chocolate, PTI Tea Dye Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories:  Copics, Nesties, sponging, white gel pen, PTI scalloped border die, pop dots,spica glitter pen



10 comments:

  1. I adore this little guy and you have made him look awesome in your tall card with all those layers. Great cutting! Super debut card - we are so glad you are on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the popped up image and the way you separated the sentiment is a great design element! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper adorable Michele! You just can't go wrong with MME paper! Love your fantastic card!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card! I like how you made it dimensional - clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coloring and dimension are great, but I especially love the layout, which is so fun & different. Perfectly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele, wow I love the tall card, it sure makes yours stand out from the bunch! Love the coloring and how you put the sentiment, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Your coloring is great and I love how you popped him up off the page. Love it Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so adorable!! Very cute. P x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Neat trick of popping the monster off the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.