10/19/11

The card that took half my lifetime...

OK, you KNOW that title isn't true, but it felt like that! My printer decided this past weekend it didn't desire to play nice with me.  :(

So I'm really delayed in getting my Cupcake Inspiration project done - and as I always say, when you leave home at 7:15 a.m. and return home after practices at either 8:30 p.m. or 9:30 p.m., it's just tough to squeeze all the time in. BUT the schedule is definitely slowing down for a few weeks - I should be able to stop pulling my hair out!  WHEE!!

Here's the deets behind the challenge:


We are sponsored this week by Prairie Fairy Designs.

One lucky person will win 5 digis of their choice!


Our inspiration cupcakes this week:

I loved using Gillian Brewing Spells - such an adorable image, love it! Of course as alluded to above, I began coloring the image on Monday and was just able to get everything finished up tonight! The layout is Mojo Monday #211. I flipped it around a bit and used my cute little spider up in the corner...and of course I had to add some googly eyes to him!

The extra you see below the card is the decorated envie!


I also added glossy accents to Gillian's glasses as well as the frog's eyes. See that bubbly brew - oooo, looking quite tasty, don't you think? Once it was colored, I added some glossy accents and sparkle for a bit of fun! The sentiment was self-created and added over a couple colorful nesties, "Eat, drink & be scary!".

Thanks for looking; glad you stuck with me to get my project done. 

And super quick before I go, we're looking for some new design team members - check it out:
Hugs, ~M.

... brewing special spells just for you...

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Prarie Fairy Image Gillian Brewing Spells
Papers: PTI Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Plum Pudding and Simply Chartreuse, GKD White, DP by MME (Boo to You)
Ink:  NONE!
Accessories: nesties, Copics, multi-liner gel pen for fuax stitching, glossy accents,clear glitter, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Michele! she is so sweet and such a great use of the DPs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you know i will LOVE LOVE LOVE this !! Fab little witchie poo .. and gorgeous papers
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Michele I have several Gillians. Your details are fabulous and papers too!
    I still can't see turkey!
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this! Love this image and your sketch card…just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Halloween card Michele. I also love Gillian - she's adorable. Pretty coloring and papers and love the little spider in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele,
    This looks fabulous. I love your image & the great papers. Your little spider looks so cute. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Michele I love love love this card! I love Prairie Fairy images and your coloring is just wonderful! Glad things are slowing down a bit, I don't think bald would suit you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that feeling!!! Your card looks great though. Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Papertake this week.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.