10/14/11

Carve 'em...

It's that time of year - Halloween - always such a fun time of year! I love this image from Hambo Stamps - Pumpkin Trio - but what makes it really great? The sentiment I used, "Carve 'em if you've got 'em (Happy Autumn)", gotta admit, the sentiment makes me chuckle!

Our kids LOVE to carve pumpkins...too ooey gooey and yucky for me, but my hubster and the kids can play all they want in that goo!  HA!

I used The Sweet Stop layout (#129) - it's an older layout making the rounds again and it's a good one!



I colored the pumpkins with Copics and sponged around the edges with VersaMagic ink. I used a yellow Spica glitter pen on the eyes (although tough to see in the photos). I used a black multi-liner pen to create the faux stitching and those lime green sparkly gems? I have had them F-O-R-E-V-E-R - love them and thought they were a fun touch. And I mustn't forget, I added "googly eyes" to my little spider...he's kinda cute eh?

The paper is last year's MME, "Boo to You".

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great weekend!

... happy halloweenie to you ....


Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps:  Hambo Stamps Pumpkin Trio and Carve 'Em
Papers:  PTI Smokey Shadow, Orange Zest, DP by MME
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black,VersaMagic green
Accessories:  Copics, Nesties, Spica glitter pen, sponging, multi-liner for faux stitching


7 comments:

  1. I really like this card. Love the color combo! Cute pumpkins. Love ya,BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Halloween card Michele. Beautifully colored and I really like your layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele I just love love love this card! Your coloring is fantastic and yes, those googly eyes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Michele amazing colouring and great image....your papers are Delian too!
    Fab job Mrs
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your card! That spider is just brilliant! No conkers in your house obviously lol! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fab Michelle! I lvoe how you've used the DPs! Amazing colouring as usual too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Michele, gorgeous bright papers and the pumpkins are so perfectly shaded.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.