5/10/11

Repeat Impressions DCC - Paper Piecing

Happy Hump Day friends!

Today over at The House That Stamps Built, Harriet has chosen the designer challenge which is paper piecing - my absolute all-time favorite technique!

Yes, I don't even have to tell you what type of image I chose - I am so predictable huh!  Well, it worked out great as I am giving this card to the individual I am replacing at my new job - she's 64 years young and retiring.  She's the sweetest thing and has been a total joy for me to work with and get to know!


I chose the Tulip Bouquet image and paper pieced with MME DP...yeah, another predictable item from me...using MME DP.  LOL!

Even though the two tulips are paper pieced and a 2nd layer popped up for extra dimension, I still added some shading with Copics; the remainder of the image was also colored with Copics.  I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for the layout. And how about that big 'ole flourish of pearls, isn't it boo-tee-ful?  Love it!



Be sure to stop over at The House That Stamps Built and see what the other Rock Stars have created AND get all the details of how YOU can play along with us!

Thanks for popping by; I love when you visit!

...flowers are a girls best friend... ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Repeat Impressions Tulip Bouquet
Papers: GKD Cream, PTI Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, PTI DP (polka dots); MME DP
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, VersaMagic Wheat
Accessories:  Copics, nesties, Zva pearl flourish

13 comments:

  1. oh wow Michele this is beautiful... so elegant . I love the colours and that DP
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, love the colours and you would never know it was paper pieced:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colours and paper you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Michele! Love that stamp and your piecing, and love the colors and papers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my favorite stamps. It's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Michele, so feminine and elegant. Very nice of you to make your coworker a card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Michele - I love this image and the paper you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Michele this is just gorgeous! Love everything about it. Hope all ok with you. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one stunning card Michele, I love that layout, and the image and papers are perfect, your co-worker is sure to treasure it :-) Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very elegant card, Michele - stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the colors nad the beautiful image and the pearl swirls!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle, this is gorgeous. A beautifully colored image and I love the blue/brown combo. That pearl flourish is so pretty.

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog while I was away. Hubby is recovering so hopefully things will be back to normal soon:)

    Hope your new job is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card, Michele! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.