4/3/11

Repeat Impression SOTW - Bird Bath

Happy Monday friends!  How are you?  You will have to excuse me briefly as I allow a proud momma moment to shine through.

We had a GREAT weekend; our daughter's team, the XTREME, won their tournament - UNDEFEATED.  They played 5 games in 21 hours; it was phenomenal!

I know, I know; you're really here to see what I created huh?  :D

Well, let's get to it!  This week at The House That Stamps Built, we are featuring the "Bird Bath" stamp; the Stamp of the Week is offered at 50% off.  Stop on over at The House That Stamps Built to get all the deets!

I used an older Mojo Monday layout for my card; you can see the layout HERE. I'm also still using bits and pieces of my MME Ooh La La paper collection.  :D  Yeah, I'll NEVER get all my DP used up - LOL!

I actually went back and added grass under and around the bird bath; but wasn't sure if I liked it better or not, so for now, we're rolling with this one in the photos!

The scalloped border comes with the MME paper collection and I added some Chocolate Baker's twine tied in a bow; I also used the scalloped border scraps on the inside.  The layers of DP were edged with VersaMagic Jumbo Java; simple and straightforward.

I added some glitter to the top layer of the Bird Bath; I need a little birdie to add to it!  Most of the Rock Stars DID add a birdie to theirs - be sure to check out their creations HERE!

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great Monday.  Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Repeat Impressions Bird Bath
Papers:  PTI Ocean Tide, Dark Chocolate, DP by MME
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: MS glitter, Copics, Nesties, Chocolate Bakers's Twine

10 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Your card is beautiful Michele - I love the papers you used - I need a bird too!

Karen Hasheck said...

Very pretty card- love the colors and borders and twine too.

pinky said...

Another very elegant card. Love your image and flower. Congrats to your super daughter, bet you are one proud mammy:)

Lisa Jane said...

what an elegant card Michele and love the flowery DP. Well done to your daughter
Lisa x

Pami said...

Fabulous Michele, just love your card, and congratulations to your daughter! Pami x

Makiko Jones said...

Fabulous card Michele!! I love the pretty color combo and card design! Beautifully done!

joy said...

Michele, great layout! Love the combination of dp and the special touches - like the flower embeli and the twine! Great job.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Pretty card, Michele - love the dp you paired the image with!

Lynette said...

Fabulous card, Michele - beautifully done!

dmbennett said...

Wonderful Card. Love the combo of papers you used. Ties it all together nicely.

Dawn