4/27/11

Happy Birthday Lola!

Remember this cute couple?  It's our yougest daughter and her boyfriend (aren't they just too cute together)?

I have loved getting to know her boyfriend and his family; Kaitlyn and her boyfriend have such a respectful relationship (no hugging, no kissing, no holding hands - how's that for respect?? (shoot me when that day does arrive please - HA!)); they are both dedicated to their school work (both made straight A's this semester), they both love basketball and band and they BOTH make us laugh a lot.

Close Up - love those white gel pen dots!
Anyway, TODAY is his little sister's birfday...oh I so love birfdays!! We got  her a little gift, but you know me, I really enjoyed making her birthday card!

So first we'll start with the eye spy game!  What do you see?  Do you see it?

I traced the letters, cut them out and then stamped them randomly with flowers from Bloom and Grow in chalk inks.  Once I baked them (they are shrinky dinks) I found they SO MATCHED my background paper!!  How cool is that?

The paper is digital iPaper from Amber Ink; this one is  Gerber Daisy Party: Tiny; isn't it just the cutest with those little smiley faces inside each flower?  Ah...love!  Yep; just printed the paper right from my printer; such beautiful colors.

I chose to make a round card for sweet Lola using Wee Bee - Spot of Sun and color her PURPLE.  Yummy!

card and shrinky dinks
I tied the card and the shrinky dinks onto the gift bag filled with some special items.  Even more special?  Kaitlyn's and Lola's birfdays are just a day apart (maybe a few years in between, but hey, it counts)!!

Sweet hugs little Lola!!!

...purple flowers, birfdays and friends...Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Amber Ink Digi Wee Bee - Spot of Sun
Papers:  PTI, Royal Velvet, GKD White, Amber Ink Digi iPaper
Gerber Daisy Party: Tiny
Accessories:  digital image, digital paper, white gel pen, nesties, copics

7 comments:

Amanda R said...

Adorable Michele and so nice of you to make a gift for your daughters boyfriends little sister. Maybe you can use her as a spy in the coming years!

Rusty said...

Cute card, looks flabulous! love the papers you have used!! and that picture is just adorable!! xx

Mary J said...

Great card Michele! Lovin' those bright bright colours!

They are the cutest couple ever!

Anita said...

This is fabulous Michele. Beautifully colored and I love the shrinky dink name!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow thats so cute ...i love the little flowers and the letters
Lisa x

pinky said...

Kaitlyn is sooo like you Michele!! What a cute little couple, long may their innocence last!! Gorgeous round card by the way.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww -- Cal & I just read this. SO SWEET. :) They are good kids, and yes, praying it stays that way too. HAHAHAHAH! (he just smile at me... wait, do I need to know something?!??!?! LOL -- HE SAID "NO!!!!!" then called me a Dode. HA!)

LOVE LOVE LOVE Lola's card -- it's the cutest thing EVER! You did a great job -- so much time & thought went into it, I can tell! You are SO good at what you do!!!

xo Gwen