3/15/08

2008 Planners

I made a couple 2008 planners for my BFF's daughter and her friend. Boy....planners that can be altered are hard to find. AND when I did find two that I loved, my typical alteration method - Hodge Podge - didn't work - the paper just peeled right off. So, it's safe to say there was a bit of pain with these planners; but I love the final results.

This is the planner I started with - now anyone that knows me, knows how much I **LOVE** my birthday - I promise you, I DID NOT realize I had turned this to July (month of my b-day) until I was altering the photos tonight. LOL I know, not a single one of you will believe me, but I'm being truthful - really I am!

I really liked these spiral planners, they're a great size; they have a 2-page layout for each month; a contacts section, note section, a zip lock pocket at the back and a business card page holder at the front. The very front page - opposite page of the patterned paper has all your contact and emergency information. These planners also have a clear, heavy duty cover to them..I didn't want to alter the clear piece for several reasons, but you can see a glare on each of the planners - sorry about that.

Anyway, here are pix of the two I did - one is done in stripes; one in polka dots.

And here's a close up of the saying:

"WORK like you don't need the money. LOVE like you've never been hurt. DANCE like nobody's watching."

Love the quote; love it!!

Each verse was sponged in Chocolate Chip and I added color to each of the "bold" words. Each verse was then layered on Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip. I used SU's ticket corner punch on each layer. Probably one of my favorite parts are those flowers. Only 1 flower out of all 6 used kept it's original color; all others were altered to the color I needed. Altering the color of flowers has to be one of my all-time favorite things to do with my Copics (my little ole collection)!!

This weekend, I'm making 20 baby shower invitations and I hope to make some Peek-a-Boo Easter treats, as well as a few Easter baskets filled with treasures.

We're taking a mini-vacation next week, so I have lots to get done before then. Why is it vacation always seems like a lot of work? Packing for 5 people; taking clothes for whatever kind of weather we might encounter and then all that laundry when you get home - URGH! OK, for now I'll ignore the "work" part and just enjoy our time away!

Hope you're having a great weekend; I'm glad you stopped by; I love when you visit!! And yes, I don't get many comments, but I read every single one of them and they mean so much to me.

Hugs, ~M.

Michele

2 comments:

  1. What adorable planners! Wonderful job--what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the planners turned out great! sorry to hear you have not been feeling well that stuff has been going around! i love your blog! i visit several times a week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.