3/31/07

Retirement Thank You's


It's official!!! My mom is retired; after almost 36 years at the SAME place - voila - she's done. Now she'll be sleeping late, eating bon bon's, watching soap operas, staying up late.....that is until I call her to watch the grandbabes! HA HA
We are all delighted my mom has retired; we're praying for some great years for dad and her to enjoy one another and their grandchildren. They have 6 grandchildren, ages 17, 13, 11, 9, 7 and 1....now let me explain....I did mine all together (11, 9 and 7); it's my crazy brother and his wife that started over with the 1 year old. LOL! Just kidding; he's A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! It really is fun having a little one around...particularly when you can hand them back to someone else. **snort**
These cards are for the Board of Directors; tried to do something a bit classier than my normal 'whimsical' creations...a bit out of my comfort zone; but I thought they turned out nice and I hope she likes them.
Most are patterned paper layered on a white card, layered on black backing...some have ribbon, some have brads, some have various punches - whatever I thought looked good. ALL the "thank you's" you see on the cards are rub ons!!! :) The envelopes are stamped with "Heartfelt thanks".
I also made some others for her co-workers - they're like family to her; hopefully I'll get those posted tomorrow.
Thanks for peeking in; have a great weekend. ~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.