7/1/24

Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Veggie Stamping

Hi friends, how are you?

We just returned from watching our oldest graduate with her Masters in International Studies, quick trip, but so good to be there with her and our other two kids were able to get away and attend too. Very special!

The bi-monthly challenge for the Mix It Up Challenge Blog is VEGGIE STAMPING! I tend to bend the rules, I guess - didn't realize it till this month. lol I didn't stamp with my veggie, I used it to create the background.

And before we move on, my mojo has so left the building!! I know this happens to all of us, but man - digging yourself out can be super hard. I'm truly not happy with this card, but you know, it is what it is. I'm working hard not to judge myself, but to TRY to enjoy the process and keep pushing on. 😅

I used Color Burst Fresh Florals for the background - I put down the Naples Yellow, added more water, dried the panel, then put down my veggies on the watercolor cardstock and sprinkled with Peony. The Peony came off much darker than I anticipated. I added lots of water, then dried the cardstock. Once dry, I sprinkled on the Marigold. Not much of it came through as the Peony was so dark.

I then removed my veggies, made sure the panel was dry and used the Papertrey Ink Lattice die. I then set about creating my balloons and elements for a fun honeycomb ball surprise. 

I stamped the interior of the frame with 2nd generation stamping using the stars from The Greetery's Four Square Birthday Tags stamp set. I cut 3 balloons, added the Make a Wish to the pink balloon, added glitter paste to the orange balloon using a stencil from Taylored Expressions, Delightful Daisy

The yellow balloon was the one I added the honeycomb to with all the little elements. Aren't those stamps cute, 'Open Here', 'Peel, Open, Stick!'; lots of cute sentiments. I die cut the balloon strings from silver cardstock.

I added a flower from The Greetery's Flower Power die and called it good!

Lots going on.


Now, can you guess the veggie? PICKLES! lol Here's the photo of the pickles after they were abused...and the clean looking one? I dropped it on the floor! 😂 Always entertaining in my craft room. The napkin looks pretty though, doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping by; hope you will visit us at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog and join the fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used pickles-so creative! Great summer colors on this card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.