5/1/24

Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Inlaid Die Cutting

Hello friends - how are you doing?

We are back at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog (MIUCB) with another super fun challenge - inlaid die cutting, so many was you can do this! I love to send birthday cards or tags, but I leave them blank so the recipient can re-use them. This is no exception!

I created a watercolor smooshed birthday tag with various Distress Inks and a retired Reverse Confetti CELEBRATE die. Rather than the tag with the Reverse Confetti set, I used the largest tag die from the Hero Arts Nested Infinity Tags. I smooshed the inks on and dried with a heat gun, I then cut the word CELEBRATE from the tag, as well as, black cardstock, and a few layers of white cardstock. I inlaid the black CELEBRATE into the tag; I then adhered the white layers to the watercolor piece and adhered the stacked CELEBRATE to the tag slightly offset to the left and down; this way you can peek the black cardstock. I also splattered some black ink for a bit more texture.

I then stamped and colored, with Copic markers, some balloons and presents from MFT's XXX set. I added some white gel pen accents and adhered a blank tag to the back for a handwritten message. I failed to capture a photo of the back of the tag, but it has the Hero Arts sentiment 'Some things just get better with age and you are definitely one of them', I love this Hero Arts birthday sentiment set - so many great sentiments!


Hope you will join us at the MIUCB with an inlaid die cutting project, or ANY project. We always love 'anything goes' creations too!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.