9/1/22

Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Ink Smooshing

Welcome back to the Mix It Up Challenge!

GAH...I love ink smooshing...always have!! You, obviously, never get the same look twice; and you can do ink smooshing for so many things, not just backgrounds. I've used it for florals and have seen some really graphic florals stamped in black with just a smattering of ink smooshing, that's on my list to try!

I needed a birthday card for my boss and I always struggle with masculine cards, but I knew using ink smooshing would be a great start and this super fun birthday hat from Taylored Expressions was a fantastic focal image!

I used Distress Oxide inks for the background (salty ocean, twisted citron, mermaid lagoon, and peeled paint), splattered some Mermaid Lagoon oxide spray and watered down white gouache to the background. Set that aside to dry and worked on the birthday hat. I used the Create in Quads Birthday Layering Stencil for the hat (using the squares for alignment make it so easy), same 4 colors as well as TE Poppy Seed and Oyster. I then added the Splash stencil and inked with the same colors, die cut and added some frosted lace stickles and spread with my fingers. 😁

I mounted the base layer as well as the hat with foam dimension, added a layer of vellum in between the base layer and hat and mounted to a top folding Cookie Monster card. 



It's been awhile since I've sat down and just 'played'; I REALLY enjoyed creating, felt good!

So many of you joined us in our last challenge, hope you will join us again this time whether you create something with ink smooshing or as always, anything goes!!

Thanks for popping in; hope to see you again soon!

WHAT'S IT TAKE:


CHALLENGES:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.