3/1/21

Mix It Up - Inlaid Diecutting

Hi friends! It's a fun one at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog this month! We're focusing on inlaid diecutting. I love this technique, but it can easily be forgotten; and...sometimes what you have in your head just doesn't come out the same when finished - HA!

I actually created a different card before this one but just wasn't happy with it, so back to the drawing board with a different die. This is from MFT, Rose Overlay, I love this die and have used it many times - it's perfect for inlaid die cutting.

I used designer paper from Altenew, Celebrate, to inlay with the outer border being Strawberry Milkshake from Taylored Expressions. Once I had everything die cut, I stuck the 'insides' of the rose to a piece of masking paper and used double stencils for the lines and polka dots on the flower. I also used the polka dots on the leaves (that's probably my favorite thing)!! I dripped some distress ink from the top - frayed burlap and worn lipsick - once dry, assembled the card, sponged around the edges and added sequins as the final touch. The main panel is mounted with fun foam.


Hope you will take the time to join our fun challenge this month; we love seeing your creations!

Thanks for stopping by; hope you and yours are safe and healthy!

WHAT'S IT TAKE:

Stamps: SSS Spring Flowers
Accessories: TE mini slip stencil - on the dot, SSS Mega Wrap stencil MFT Blueprints, TE sequins

CHALLENGES: 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.