1/23/18

Faith, Hope and Love

Oh goodness, I continue to struggle with this nasty cough/congestion and I believe half the people in the world have the same thing. :( Lack of energy and just overall feeling rotten has really given me a run for my money!

Truth? I've taken naps during lunch time several times over the past few weeks. Brutal!

I started a bunch of cards in early January and I'm not sure I'll complete them in the SAME MONTH! But this one I finally did get around to finishing using Verve Visual's January sketch inspiration (see photo below), or see the sketch HERE.

I dabbed on some distress oxide inks directly to a rectangle stamp block, spritzed with water and pressed to the watercolor paper - such an easy way to get an ombre background. I used one of the newer mix and mat dies from PTI and then cut the entire piece out with a stitched rectangle die.



I stamped the flower from Verve Visual (Beautiful Things) and colored with Zig Clean Color Brushes and Copics, die cut some leaves from both Verve (Beautiful Flowers) and Hero Arts (You're So Lovely), added some seam binding and lots of designer paper from Queen and Co. and called it good!

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great week!

HUGS!


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Beautiful Things, Penny Black Faith
Inks: Hero Arts Intense Black, Distress Oxide Inks
Papers: Queen and Co Heart Throb, watercolor paper, PTI Scarlet Jewel, vellum
Accessories: Shimmer Mist, MFT Blueprints 15, Copics, Verve Beautiful Flowers die, Hero Arts You're So Lovely Die, SSS Stitched Rectangle Die, Seam Binding from Verve Visual, washi tape, Zig Clean Color Brushes, Mix and Mat Heart Dies

Challenges:
  VLVJAN2018

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love how you shaded the flower! So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.