1/20/16

Retro Sketches 198

Hi friends - how's your week going? We are having some nasty weather, ice... BOO!! I don't mind snow, but I am certainly not a fan of ice!

I adore the sketch this week at Retro Sketches (see below or click the hyperlink); talk about a great sketch to make a bunch of cards! You can layer it up or keep it completely CAS (clean and simple); I made 2 cards using a super old Cornish Heritage Farms stamp set by Kim Hughes - sorry about that, but I truly adore the stamp set and thought the images were just perfect!

For one I used a MFT tag builder, stamped the cake on patterned paper then used some espresso pearls for the icing - seriously, does that not look good enough to LICK! Don't do it. HA HA, but I love how awesome it looks as frosting! Just using up paper scraps to finish it off.



For the other card, I used the square pierced dies from MFT and cut 2 sizes one inside the other to create a little frame; I stamped the present - also on patterned paper, cut it out and colored it with Copics. I decided to stamp just the balloon outside the frame and tie it to the present with some hemp cord.



Both are simple but perfect little birthday cards.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great week! Take care!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: DISCONTINUED CHF Birthday Bash
Papers: Neenah White, DP by MFT and SSS Card Kit
InkMemento Tuxedo Black, MFT Berrylicious
Accessories: Copics, craft foam, clear wink of stella, hemp cord, MFT Pierced Rectangle dies, Dew Drops, espresso dimensional pearls

Challenges:
RS198

1 comment:

  1. oh!!!! I super love it!!! that gift is so fun!! and I LOVE that frame!!! thanks for playing along with us at retro sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.