5/7/13

Crafty Creations 221 - Something Old / Something New

Hello friends!

This week over at Crafty Creations, we're creating with Something Old / Something New. I could go for days about things that are "old" or "unused"...a/k/a hoarder of designer paper - BUT alas, i found a few other things for my creation that were old...and a couple new ones too! I also used an old paperback book for the flower and that gem in the center? Um...yeah, I've had it for a long, long time - thrilled to use it...finally!

The layout is Mojo Monday #292; and for my new items, I used MFT's Gift Card Greetings stamp set along with the vertical gift card die - swoon! I colored in the "you" with a Copic and then covered the letters with glossy accents. All the papers, gift card holder as well as the die on the inside were edged with Frayed Burlap distress ink. The notebook die is from PTI and I added the A+ with a red Spica glitter pen; vellum for the border with some fabby chocolate ribbon ..that I totally covered up - oops! LOL
The inside has more DP with a die from Verve Visual; I stamped the words "teacher" and "rock" in MFT Hot Fudge; then stamped the "U" from Verve's You and I set in PTI's Hawaiian Shores - love how it reads "teacher U rock"...  :D

Inside
Inside - Up Close
Perfect for a year-end teacher's gift and since this one has a bit of bulk, we'll be giving it in a clear envelope - always fun when you can see your creation through the envelope.

Thanks for popping in and don't forget to join us at Crafty Creations with Something Old / Something New!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT DC Gift Card Greetings, Verve Visual You and I
Papers: PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, DP by MME, vellum
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, MFT Hot Fudge and Sno Cone, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Accessories: PTI notebook  and floral blooms die, MFT Vertical Gift Card Die, Verve Arrow and Classy Label Die, paperback book, misc. gem, red spica glitter pen, glossy accents, misc. chocolate ribbon

Challenges:
  Crafty Creations 221
 Mojo Monday #292

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card Michele. I especially love the flower with that beautiful gem - so gorgeous. And the inside looks amazing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.