10/6/11

Forever in Our Hearts + SFYTT

Hi friends - how's your week going?

Mine is going good; very busy as usual with a super busy weekend ahead.

The mother of one of the executive's I work for passed away last weekend; the service is tomorrow (Friday). Unfortunately we have a big event at work in which I'm handling the food, set up, coffee, etc. - breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack, so I won't be able to attend the service. Therefore, I wanted to make sure and send a sympathy card.

I'm telling you, EVERY card is easy when you use MME paper - I am so addicted to almost every single 6x6 paper pad they offer - LOL! But obviously that works well for me (think of me as the paper matching challenged chick - HA).

So, this is the card I came up with, once again I used Verve's Forever in Our Hearts stamp set - LOVE. THIS. SET. FOR. EVERY. SYMPATHY. CARD I've ever made - amazing! BTW, Verve is having a huge sale right now AND donating a portion of the proceeds to Breast Cancer Research - it's a great deal, check it out (no affiliation, just love their products)!

The layout is Jen's Sketch For You To Try for October - fabby sketch; loved using it here! I embossed the yellow paper and then rubbed on some VersaMagic Jumbo Java. I also sponged all the DP with Jumbo Java as well as distressing the 2 base layers. The chocolate baker's twine was originally chocolate and white but I changed it to chocolate and an aqua blue, using Copics, to match the paper - LOVE IT!



The main panel was stamped with the large and small foilage in a really soft VersaMagic blue - in fact, it's next to impossible to see in the pictures - but it's there!  I also stamped one of the birds in the upper right-hand corner, stamped the main sentiment and curled the corner.  I decorated the inside a bit too.

Losing loved ones is so difficult; I hope this cards brightens he and his family's day and let's them know I'm thinking of them.







Have a great weekend friends!
Hugs, ~M.




WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps:  Verve Visual Forever in our Hearts
Papers:  PTI Summer Sunrise and Dark Chocolate, DP by MME
Ink:  Memento Dark Chocolate, VersaMagic Jumbo Java and blue, PTI Summer Sunrise
Accessories:  Copics, sponging, cuttlebug embossing folder, PTI's chocolate baker's twine, Heidi Swapp distressing tool, MS border punch




5 comments:

  1. Hate to say it is a lovely card since it is a sympathy card but you did a wonderful job on it. Glad to hear the new job is still going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant and very suitable card. I love how you've done the sentiment Michele

    yay to the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Michele. I find these type cards so hard to make but you've done a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple designing !!! which make your card so beautiful i like it...
    Plastic card printing
    Plastic card

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice sympathy card Sandy purusty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.